Juniors and Seniors On Campus

EC Marketing

Students from each grade got to experience an on-campus event with different activities and interact with their peers.

On Dec. 9, 2020, EC held an on-campus event for both juniors and seniors. The on-campus experience included a small variety of activities with a limited amount of people per activity. Each student got to choose two activities they wanted to go to, lasting one hour each.

Before arriving on campus, each student had to fill out a survey that contained standard questions regarding symptoms and contact with Covid, and a temperature check. When the student arrived at school, they were asked to show the check-in staff members their survey after having their temperature checked. Students who did not fill out the survey due to technological issues or other reasons, were asked the same questions at school.

Each student had to wear a mask and wear school-appropriate clothing following the EC handbook. After checking in at the front of the school, students were told to go straight to their first activity. Activities included ornament making, arts and crafts, trivia, games, badminton, cornhole, gingerbread house decorating, challenge course, and science-related activities.

The juniors had their time on campus from 10:30 pm to 12:30 pm, while the seniors were on campus 1 pm to 3 pm. Similarly, freshmen and sophomores had their on-campus event the previous week, on Dec. 2, in the same time slots, freshman arriving first. By having these on-campus events, EC hoped to provide students with non-academic opportunities to build relationships and enhance community at the school.

“I had a great time getting to safely see other kids in my grade and I really hope we can do something like this again,” said Caeley Hunter, class of 2021.

The students who attended got to interact with their peers they do not always interact with along with friends and teachers as well.

“I loved being able to see some of my best friends and favorite teachers again and I’ll treasure the experience forever,” said Gabby Denny, class of 2022.